12.10.17- Weekly Reflection 1
This week has been pretty intense exploring the unknown- unknown. Before Monday, I new little about AI and the voice enabled internet. I knew of siri and a few others, but thats as far as it went. After Monday's study session, I had a couple of very rough ideas on what direction I want my project to take. This included:
- Can ai be used to break language barriers?
- What benefits can ai bring to the classroom/ education?
With these directions in mind, I claimed a wall space and began plastering it with post it notes. The end result looked very CSI investagtion- although it's not quite finished yet and is something I will continue grow throughout this project.
The key points documented on my wall this week are:
- Can ai be used to gve teachers data-driven insights?
- Can ai assess children in a more complete manner by collecting sata about their performance over a long time?
- Can ai be used to develop a dynamic catalouge of the best teaching practices suited to different skills and capabilities?
- Can ai monitor student's well-being and learning?
- Can ai be tailored for student needs to provide them with targets and timely feedback?
- Can it help bridge the achievement gap between poorer students and their wealthier peers?
At this stage, I recognise there are overlapping themes surrounding the following words:
Now that i've identified different areas where ai can be used within the classroom and in education, I will spend next week exploring whether it would be ethically feasible.